Cashew Nut Milk Candy is a very popular sweet candy recipe from the Philippines, This Filipino desert is very delicious and extremely easy to make. Although it is like any other candy recipe, the method of preparation gives it a distinct Filipino character. Following is a simple recipe to prepare it at your home:
Makes/Servings: 1 serving or 2 small cups
Condensed Milk: 1 Can (8 Ounce = approx. 220 Gms)
Cashew Nuts = 1 cup
Sugar = 1 tablespoon
Lemon Extract = 1 tablespoon
1) Heat the condensed milk and add nuts, almonds, and sugar to it. Simmer the milk, while stirring, until thick.
2) When the milk starts boiling, add 1 tablespoon of lemon extract to it and continue to stir until a soft, solid mass is formed.
3) Take a flat sugared board and use a rolling pin to spread the prepared mixture on it. Roll the paste on the board into a rectangular shape, at least ½ inch in height.
4) As the mixture cools down a bit, cut the set mass into small pieces of desired shape and size.
5) Wrap them in tissue paper and the delicious cashew nut milk candy or the Filipino Pastillas de Casoy is ready to serve.
Estimated Cooking Time required: 30 minutes
Variations can be done in this recipe as per your taste. For instance, adding other dry fruits, such as raisins and almonds can add a different flavor and make the recipe even more delicious and nutritious. So, get started and try it at home right away.