While not as popular, having an anti fungal diet is a good treatment for yeast infection. The body naturally produces yeast. However, when the body produces too much yeast, it manifests externally in warm and moist parts of our body. This is why yeast cultures form in the oral cavity or vagina.
Since yeast infection occurs when the body is overgrown with yeast, one way to prevent and treat it is to fight it from the inside. An anti fungal diet will regulate the growth of yeast in the body. There are two parts in treating yeast infections through diets: eating the right foods and avoiding the wrong foods.
What to eat:
- Fiber rich food such as oats and wheat. These fibers hinder the growth of yeast in the body
- Legumes such as nuts and peas are also good against candida as they inhibit the growth of yeast.
- Green leafy vegetables such as cabbage, spinach and lettuce have anti-fungal properties when digested.
- Radish is another vegetable that is both antibacterial and anti-fungal.
- Yogurt is very effective against yeast overgrowth. Although yogurt can help reduce yeast because it contains good bacteria, it is still a dairy product. Also, make sure you only eat the unsweetened or unflavored variety to ensure it contains little to no sugar.
- Spices such as ginger and garlic also has anti fungal properties. Make sure you use these spices for your anti fungal diet.
What to avoid:
- Sugary food. Yeast thrives in sugar so avoid eating too much sweets even fruits.
- Carbohydrates should be avoided as much as possible. Rice, pasta and bread are good sources of carbohydrates that can feed yeast further.
- Obviously, food containing yeast should be avoided such as bread, cakes and cookies.
These are your anti fungal diet tips. Try them, they really work.