Do you ever sit down at the Cheesecake Factory and wish that you had the knowledge to make the same recipes that they have for their food. Well there are ways that this is possible, and you will definitely pay a lot less for your food.
Try these ideas to make that great food the same way the restaurants do:
1. You can try going to the restaurant's website to see if they sell a copy of the recipe. If that does not work, ask the waiter and see what he can do for you. If you search the internet enough, you will probably be able to find a free recipe somewhere.
2. When you take home the food, take a guess at what goes into the food to give it all of its tastes. Ask a waitress what is in the food and then go home and experiment with what you believe the dish consists of.
3. Try asking a friend, who is good with food, what he thinks the recipe consists of. If this fails, talk to the chef and flatter him; he might be more inclined to tell you how to make the dish.
4. Certain chefs actually have their own cooking classes. You will be charged for the class and the chef will cook a meal which everyone will get a chance to try. While watching him cook, take notes of the different ingredients he uses. Then take what you learned to your kitchen.
And here is a copycat version of the Cheesecake Factory Bleu Cheese Dressing:
– 2 Shallots, finely minced
– 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
– 2 ounces of crumbled blue cheese
– 1 1/2 cups of buttermilk
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 12 cups of mixed baby greens
1. Combine all of the ingredients except for the mixed baby greens and whisk until smooth or blend the ingredients at low speed.
2. Chill this blend.
3. When you are ready to serve, put two cups of greens on each salad dish and top with bleu cheese dressing. Enjoy!
Source by Choy Chang