Everyone who has suffered from constipation knows the pain and discomfort he has got from this annoying condition. Most of the people don’t want to talk about this problem to others. In this article you will find some easy and effective natural remedies for constipation.
Constipation Home Remedies
Below are some of the commonly used home remedies for relieving constipation. These home remedies are natural and relieve pain, discomfort and embarrassment.
1. Mix a teaspoon of clarified butter (ghee) in a cup of warm milk and take this at bedtime regularly for some days. This is very effective home remedy for constipation.
2. Take one teaspoon gulkand (sweet rose jelly) twice, along with warm water. Gulkand is made primarily of rose petals.
3. Mix one to two teaspoon of pure castor oil with warm milk and take it at bedtime. This is another useful home remedy for constipation.
4. Take 3 to 5 grams of the powder of chebulic myrobalan or harad along with warm water to get relief from constipation.
5. Take equal amounts of turmeric powder and black salt along with warm water after meals. This is very useful remedy for constipation and gas problems.
6. Suppression of natural urge of passing stools despite pressure is a very common cause of constipation. So never suppress the natural urge.
7. Foods rich in high fiber such as drumstick, carrot, dry peas and spinach are helpful in preventing constipation.
8. Highly spicy food hampers the digestive system. So avoid such foods.
9. Make thin bread (chapatti) of wheat (two parts) and roasted black gram powder (one part), along with their husk for increased fiber, ensuring normal defecation.
10. Do not indulge in some other activities like watching television while having food. This will disturb your digestion process.
11. Indigestion sometimes leads to constipation and other digestive problems. Therefore, chew your meal slowly to digest properly.
12. Walk for at least 30 minutes both morning and evening. Also involve in physical activities and use stairs instead of lifts.
13. Sit in vajrasana for a short period in the beginning. Start by sitting on your heels. Slowly move your legs sideways, until your bottom is resting on the floor. Put your hands on your knees. This asana is good for people suffering from constipation and hemorrhoids (piles). It ensures good digestion.
Disclaimer: The reader of this article should exercise all precautionary measures while following instructions on the hypertension home remedies from this article. Avoid using any of these products or ingredients if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the website or the writer.