Sambal is Indonesian condiment dish, it is basically a blended chillies combine with tomatoes, shallots, shrimp paste and seasoning (salt and sugar). but for Sambal Matah, the way of serving is a little bit different. in sambal matah, all the ingredients are sliced, so you can taste more freshness all of the spices.
Ingredients for Grilled Salmon:
6 pcs Salmon Fillets (about 500 gr)
4 tablespoons Tomato Ketchup
3 tablespoons Sweet Soy Sauce
Lemon Juice (from 1 Lemon)
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Sugar
1/4 teaspoons White Pepper
Ingredients for Sambal Matah:
6 Shallots, sliced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
4 Red Bird Eye Chillies, (optional, if you want to have spicy flavour you can use bird’s eye chilli, if not, you should just replace it with green bell pepper), thinly sliced
4 Kafiir Lime Leaves, spines removed, minced
1/2 Tomato, seeded, cubed
1 block Shrimp Paste
2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
Salt & Sugar to taste
Directions for Sambal Matah:
1. Put all shallots, garlic, chillies, kafiir lime leaves and tomato into a bowl. Add salt and sugar, mix it well.
2. Heat vegetable oil in a skillet. Crush & fry shrimp paste in the oil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
3. Add the fried shrimp paste into the bowl. Mix it well, serve.
Directions for Grilled Salmon:
1. To prepare marinade, put tomato ketchup, sweet soy sauce, lemon juice, salt, sugar & white pepper into a bowl, mix it well.
2. Coat salmon with all marinade. Place fish in the refrigerator and allow it to marinade for about 1 hour.
3. Preheat grill. Grilled salmon until cooked, approximately 3 minutes each side. Served with Sambal Matah.