As you strive to get more protein into your daily diet, one food source you will not want to overlook is Greek yogurt. This particular yogurt is not only an excellent source of quality protein, but it is also going to provide some calcium as well. Best of all, you will find Greek yogurt can satisfy your craving for something creamy when you want it.
This said some people make the mistake of opting for a fruit flavored version which, while it may taste good, is riddled with added sugar. For best overall health benefits you will want to opt for the plain version and add flavor to it yourself or get creative in how you are using it.
Let us look at four delicious ways you can serve Greek yogurt so you can include it in your eating plan…
1. Prepare Protein Bark. Protein bark can be an excellent way to cool down after a hot summer’s day. To make protein bark, simply mix together…
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt,
- ¼ cup protein powder,
- ¼ cup peanut butter,
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut or almond milk, along with
- a pinch of powdered Stevia.
Blend this all together and then pour into a container lined with wax paper. Freeze for about five hours and then slice and serve.
2. Add Greek Yogurt To A Smoothie. Don’t forget you can also add this type of yogurt to a smoothie: this is a great alternative to conventional protein powder, or it can be used in addition to the protein powder.
The yogurt will also make the smoothie thicker while giving you the vital nutrients your body needs.
3. Try It On A Sandwich. You have probably used mayonnaise a time or two before when preparing lunch, but unfortunately, mayonnaise is exceptionally high in unhealthy fats. While you can get the low-fat variety, you are still not getting top quality nutrition from this condiment.
The solution? Try Greek yogurt instead. This yogurt mixture is thick enough that you can easily smear a little on a slice of Ezekiel bread and then add whatever ingredients you desire.
4. Prepare Protein Cookies. Finally, you can also use this type of yogurt to make delicious tasting protein cookies. For these, mix…
- 3/8 cup of oatmeal,
- ¼ cup protein powder,
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt, 1/3 cup coconut flour,
- ½ tsp. baking powder,
- 1 whole egg,
- ¼ cup egg whites, and add
- stevia to taste.
Once well mixed, place by the spoonful on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 9 minutes. Eating healthy will have never felt so simple.
There you have four great ways to serve Greek yogurt. As you can see, it is not hard to work this food into your diet.