I’ve made your “whole wheat sourdough sandwich bread” recipe today, and it turned out great, considering I’m just a newbie in bread making.
I would like to ask a few questions please:
- there is no mention of kneading. Is it a no-knead dough? or should I knead it before retarding in the fridge? (I tried, but it was a mess because of the 75% hydration). Or should I stretch and fold or something?
- How do you shape that wet dough? is there a specific technique that you recommend?
- How many hours should the shaped loaf retard in the fridge? (I did a 12h.)
- After cooling and cutting a slice, I found it a bit under cooked. Should I increase the baking time?
- Should it be baked covered or not covered? (I baked it in a foil 8.5″x11″ tin with a foil cover – I doubled your recipe)
- Is this the recipe you still do nowadays, or do you use an updated one now? if so, please direct me to its link.
Many thanks for your wonderful recipe. I intend to make it my regular bread recipe.
Source: Fresh Loaf