Unique Holiday Cookies
We cook in our wood fired brick ovens, which just adds to the flavor BUT these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies can be made anywhere. This simple, yet delicious recipe is perfect for this coming holiday season! The wood fired brick oven adds to the splendor.
As the holiday’s are upon us, I wanted to share a recipe of my favorite holiday cookies when pumpkin everything is in season.
What better combination than pumpkin and chocolate? What are your favorite kinds of holiday cookies? First… Ingredients
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Make sure your wood fired brick oven is at 350 degrees.
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Add vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and place them in your wood fired brick oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.